I offer the following services:
• translating texts from English into Polish (I do not translate from Polish into English).
• reviewing/editing texts translated by another person (terminology, grammar, style, consistency etc.).
• post machine translation editing (PMTE) –reviewing/editing texts translated using machine translation technology
• software/game localization – the process of preparing the software/game into a translatable format, translating source text, inserting the translated text into a program code, windows resizing, functional and linguistic testing.
• preparing files for translation – the process of converting source files (e.g. PDF, PageMaker, FrameMaker, Adobe Illustrator) into a format which can be used with CAT tools.
• files alignment — the process of creating a translation memory. If you have two files, one in the source language and second in the target language, I can create a translation memory which you can next use with upcoming translation projects.
• creating reports and implementing results from reports created with automated translation quality assurance tools (e.g. QA Distiller, Xbench, Language Toolbox).
• terminology extraction — the process of creating a terminology database. Based on two files, one in the source language and second in the target language, I can create a dictionary of neatly selected terms. I can also prepare a list of so called „terminology candidates”, which can be translated and form a dictionary used during translation phase.