I am a flexible translator but it doesn't mean I will accept orders from all areas. I believe that no person is versatile enough to translate texts from all areas and to maintain considerable quality.
The areas of my expertise include:
• IT – software and website localization, user guides, instruction manuals, online helps, etc.
• Automotives – workshop manuals, service manuals, user guides, marketing brochures, technical documentation, part catalogues, etc.
• Audio & Video – user guides, parts catalogues, marketing materials, etc.
• Consumer electronics – household appliances user guides, marketing content, etc.
• Tech/engineering – construction equipment/machinery, mechanical engineering, industrial machinery, machines and machine tools, etc.
I would not undertake the translation of legal stuff, literature (prose, poetry, etc.) or transportation or logistics related texts... ;)
• user guides, online help
• product data sheets
• parts catalogues
Main CAT tools I use:
• memoQ • SDL Trados Studio • SDL Trados 2007
• Idiom WorldServer Desktop Workbench
• Microsoft Localization Studio
• Alchemy Catalyst
• RC WinTrans
• XTM • Smartling • Coah